The metaverse has probably been one of the most popular words in 2021, thanks to Mark Zuckerberg’s announcement that facebook will become “meta” even though this concept was first introduced in 1992. After the announcement, companies have been making efforts to expand their business in the metaverse. In order for them to expand, they will need to hire people specialised in a new skill set tailored for roles in the metaverse and upskilling their current employees.
Are you looking to work in the metaverse? Here are some courses you can take to prepare yourself for a job in the metaverse.
Certified Metaverse Expert™ by the Blockchain council
This course provides a deeper understanding of the blockchain technology and a glimpse of the emerging technology and how we would interact with it. By completing this course, you will be able to effectively comprehend the metaverse and give you an edge in the emerging Web 3.0 world.
Here are the key takeaways from this course:
- Know what it means to be a Metaverse Expert
- Explore various technologies involved in Metaverse
- Learn how you can get started with Metaverse
- Explore different Use Cases of Metaverse
Metaverse Masterclass by Udemy
A 3 hour masterclass that covers ways to get involved and invest in the metaverse. It contains many quizzes and assignments to make sure you grasp all the key concepts within a short time. If you are looking for a quick crash course - this is the one for you!
Key takeaways from the masterclass:
- How Gaming + Web 3.0 + Blockchain are Changing the Internet
- Blockchain Protocols and Platforms Involved in the Metaverse
- Investing In the Metaverse and Profit
- Metaverse Land Ownership - Property Investment
- The Different Shapes of the Metaverse: Games, NFTs (assets), Blockchain Protocols, Cryptocurrencies, etc
Virtual Reality Specialisation: Coursera
In this course, offered by the University of London, you can learn about the biggest aspect behind the concept of the metaverse - Virtual Reality. Learn the fundamentals of VR, the hardware and software, basics of 3D graphics and create objects in the VR environment. By the end of this course, you will be able to create your own VR game/project.
Here are the key learnings:
- Discover the fundamentals of Virtual Reality, the hardware and history, different applications, and the psychology and challenges of the medium.
- Explore how you interact with a VR world, including the concepts and technologies of VR interaction.
- Learn the basics of 3D graphics, how we create objects and how to lay them out to create an environment.
- Utilise the skills you have learnt to create your own VR game or project.
Introduction to Metaverse and how to invest in it: Skillshare
This thirty-three minute course gives you a quick introduction on the basics of the metaverse in 8 short lessons, perfect for anyone who is running out of time and wants a quick lesson, which can be taken even during his/her lunch hour!
What you will learn:
- What the metaverse is.
- Why people will adapt to the metaverse
- The relation between NFTs and the metaverse
- Where to invest in the metaverse
The metaverse is new and exciting, filled with many opportunities! Find the course that fits your needs and interests and start your career in the metaverse. If you already have a few courses under your belt, checkout happyer.io for the latest metaverse jobs.